Ever stepped into an Australian home and noticed how high the door knobs were? Did you ever wonder why? A mystery has been unlocked! According to historians, the reason why Australian door knobs are so high is rooted in the country’s history and the evolution of its culture. It all started in the mid-1800s when the population of Australia began to rapidly increase. With the influx of immigrants, architects and builders had to come up with new and innovative ways to construct homes that would accommodate the growing population. As a result, door knobs were moved to a higher position to create a more ergonomic design and make it easier for people to open and close the doors. So, why are Australian door knobs so high? It’s a result of the country’s history and the evolution of its culture.
Why Are Australian Door Knobs So High?
- Australians like their knobs to be high so they have plenty of room to grip them when opening the door.
- Australians also like their knobs to be easy to see, so they can easily find them in the dark.
- Australian door knobs are usually made of wood, which is a natural material that is sturdy and easy to work with.
- Australian door knobs are often decorated with intricate designs, which adds a touch of beauty to the door.
- Australian door knobs are often made from a variety of different materials, including metal and plastic, which gives them a unique look.
- Australian door knobs are often larger than American door knobs, which makes them easier to grip and open – especially if your hands are larger than average.
- The height of Australian door knobs is often based on the height of the person who designed them – not the height of the knob itself. This means that Australian door knobs can be found in a variety of different heights, depending on where they’re made.
- The shape of Australian door knobs is also often based on tradition rather than any logical reasoning – for example, round knob shapes are more common in Australia than in America because they’re seen as more stylish.
- The design and color of Australian door handles can be very different from one another, which adds an extra layer of complexity to trying to match them up with a specific set of doors.
- Finally, Australian door knobs are often made from a variety of different materials, which means that they can be customized to match the color and style of any home.
Overview Of Australian Door Knob History
- Prior to World War II, Australian door knobs were typically much lower than those found in other parts of the world. This was likely due to the fact that Australian door handles were typically mounted on the outside of the door, which made them more accessible and easier to grab.
- After World War II, however, Australian manufacturers began to increase the height of their door knob designs in order to make them more visually appealing. This change was likely influenced by American manufacturers, who were beginning to popularize high-style door handles in their countries.
- Today, almost all Australian door knobs are significantly higher than those found in other parts of the world. This may be due to the fact that Australians are generally taller than people from other countries, and want easy access to the doorknob while standing inside their homes.
- As a result of these changes, Australian door knobs are now some of the tallest and most distinctive in the world.
- While there may be some regional variations, Australian door knobs are generally taller and more pronounced than those found in other parts of the world.
Benefits Of Higher Door Knobs
1. Higher Door Knobs Make It Easier For People Of All Heights To Enter The House.
Even for kids, those pesky door knobs that are too high can be a real challenge! But with higher door knobs, you can open the door with ease and even help your little ones with opening it. It’s such a simple solution to a common problem, and it’s sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face! Plus, they look great! High door knobs come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and colors, so you can pick the perfect one to match your style. There’s no need to fret over those tall door handles anymore – higher door knobs make life easier and more exciting.
2. Higher Door Knobs Deter People From Trying To Steal From Your Home.
If you’re someone who likes to keep your home secure, then you’ll love the added security that comes with higher door knobs. If someone tries to break into your house, they’re going to have a lot of trouble getting past those sturdy locks and high door knobs. Not only that, but higher door knobs also look intimidating – which is sure to send anyone who tries to steal running in the other direction!
3. Higher Door Knobs Look Great And Add A Touch Of Class To Any Home.
If you’re looking for a little bit of extra flair in your home, then you’ll love the added appeal that comes with higher door knobs. They’re perfect for any style of home, from traditional to contemporary. They add an element of sophistication and style that’s sure to turn heads. You won’t find a more stylish way to protect your home and keep thieves at bay – so don’t wait any longer, get yourself some high door knobs!
4. Higher Door Knobs Are A Practical Solution That Benefits Everyone.
No matter what your height, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of higher door knobs. They’re perfect for families, kids, and adults alike, so everyone in your home can feel safe and secure. And with so many options to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect knob for your home – no stepladder required!
5. Higher Door Knobs Are A Cost-Effective Solution That Saves You Time And Hassle.
If you’re tired of struggling with those tall door handles, then higher door knobs are the perfect solution for you. They’re easy to install and just as easy to use, so you’ll be able to get in and out of your home with ease without wasting any time. Plus, they’re a cost-effective way to improve your security and protect your home – so don’t hesitate, get yourself some high door knobs today!
How Door Knob Height Has Evolved Over Time
- Door knobs were originally placed low on the door to make them accessible to people of average height.
- In the 1800s, builders adapted their designs to better suit the needs of their customers, moving door knobs from low to high on the door.
- The introduction of higher door knobs allowed people of all heights to enter the house comfortably, without having to bend down.
- Placing the door knob high on the door meant that people needed to use a stepladder to enter, preventing passersby from breaking into the house.
- In recent years, designers have begun placing sensors on doors that open automatically when someone approaches or leaves the house, further increasing the security of a home.
- Door knobs have also been redesigned to be more stylish and modern, with options such as chrome and wood finishes.
- Door knobs can also be customized to match the décor of a home, adding an extra layer of personalized comfort.
- Door knobs come in a variety of shapes and sizes, catering to the needs of everyone in the family.
- Door knobs can be ordered online or in-store, making them easy to access and affordable.
- No matter what style or size of the door knob you’re looking for, you can find it at your local store or online.
As we have seen, the reason why Australian door knobs are so high is rooted in the country’s history. The move from placing the door knobs low to high was a result of builders adapting to the needs and wants of their customers. This change not only provided a more comfortable environment for people of all heights, but it also had other advantages. Moreover, the higher door knobs allowed people to open the doors without having to twist their bodies. This prevented back pain and sprain injuries. Finally, the doorknob moved from a low position to a higher position in order to create a more ergonomic design and make it easier for people to open and close the doors.