Do you see your forehead every time you look in the mirror? If it’s the first thing you notice about your appearance, that’s probably because it sticks out so much. While most people have foreheads, some of us have foreheads that are even more prominent than usual making us feel self-conscious and insecure. And while there is no way to get rid of your forehead completely, there are several techniques that can help give the appearance of a thinner one. Thankfully, there are plenty of tricks for making your forehead appear smaller and less dominant on your face. The key is to play up other features and draw attention away from the area you want to deemphasize. Here are some tips to make your forehead appear smaller and reduce its prominence.
How To Make Your Forehead Smaller
1. Draw Attention To The Eyes
The eyes are the first thing people notice on your face, so it stands to reason that your eyes should be the focus of any makeup look. Keeping your eyelids and brows flawless will help draw attention to your eyes, making them appear larger and more prominent. If you have a small forehead, try using a dark color on the outer corners of your eye (like black or brown) to make them appear deeper. You can also use a liner underneath the lower lash line to create the illusion of a slimmer face. For an even larger look, try using an eyeliner pencil in a contrasting color (like blue or green) as well as mascara.
2. Use A Light Color On Your Lips
Your lips are another feature that draws attention away from your forehead area, so it’s important that they look their best when you’re wearing makeup. Choose a light-colored lip liner (like pink or nude) for added definition and shine—and then apply lipstick in an accent color (like red or blue) for extra pizzazz! For an even bolder effect, add some sparkle with gloss over top of the lip liner and lipstick application—you can use clear gloss or cream gloss for this! Don’t forget to spritz on some perfume too! The scented scent will help keep lips moisturized over time as well as make them appear bigger than usual. And if you prefer a more natural look, you can always go to au naturel.
3. Draw Attention To The Cheeks
Another area that can make your forehead seem smaller is the cheeks. To draw attention to your cheeks, use a light-colored blush (like pink or peach) for added definition and a little color. If you have a small face, consider using a matte blush instead of a shimmering one so that the rest of your face doesn’t look too dramatic when you apply it. You can also try using bronzer on cheekbones to create the illusion of more definition—but be careful not to use too much or it will make your forehead even more prominent! For an even bolder look, add eyeshadow in either highlighter or contour shade (like golden bronze) on top of the cheekbones to define them and draw attention away from your forehead. You can also try using eyeliner in a similar shade as well as mascara for an extra pop of color!
4. Use Contouring Correctly
Contouring is one way to make your forehead appear smaller and more subtle—and it’s definitely worth trying if you want to minimize the prominence of this area on your face. Choose two shades that are close in tone and apply them with an angled brush where you want to accentuate the browbone (or wherever else on your face that feels most prominent). If you have small eyebrows, use brow powder instead of brow gel for longer-lasting results.
5. Don’t Oversaturate Your Lips!
As with the cheeks, it’s also important not to overdo your lip color application especially if you want to draw attention away from your forehead area. Apply a light-colored lip color (like pink or nude) for added definition and shine, and then apply lipstick in an accent color (like red or blue) for added pizzazz! If you want more of a natural look, go au natural! For more extreme looks, you can always add some sparkle with gloss over top of the lip liner and lipstick application—you can use clear gloss or cream gloss for this! Don’t forget to spritz on some perfume too! The scented scent will help keep lips moisturized over time as well as make them appear bigger than usual. And if you prefer a more natural look, you can always go to au naturel.
Change Up Your Hair Style
- Long hair can make your forehead look bigger. If you are trying to hide a prominent forehead, try changing up your hairstyle. For example, if you have curly hair, try getting it cut into a bob or a pixie cut.
- Short hair can also make your forehead look smaller. If you’re trying to hide your forehead, consider getting a haircut that makes it appear smaller. For example, if you normally have long hair but want to give the appearance of a smaller forehead, get it styled into an undercut or shaved into a pixie cut.
- A fringe style can make your forehead appear less prominent as well as thicker and fuller than usual. This is because the fringe covers up the sides of the face and gives the appearance of an overall fuller head of hair. Try to keep the length below chin level so that the top of your face isn’t covered by the fringe when looking in a mirror (unless you want to give yourself that “I just woke up with my head on fire” look).
- Sideburns can also help create an illusion of having a thinner and longer face on top of your head instead of one with more prominent features like your forehead and chin area. If you typically have long sideburns, consider trimming them short so that they don’t cover part of your eyes or distract from other features on your face like cheekbones and lips—which will help draw attention away from your forehead.
- Face-framing bangs can also help create the illusion of a thinner and longer face on top of your head instead of one with more prominent features like your forehead and chin area. If you typically have long bangs, consider trimming them short so that they don’t cover part of your eyes or distract from other features on your face like cheekbones and lips—which will help draw attention away from your forehead.
Go For Light Makeup Shades
- Try using a lighter foundation or tinted moisturizer. This will help your face appear more even and give you a more youthful, youthful appearance.
- Try using makeup that is closer to your skin tone so it blends into your skin better and doesn’t give the appearance of being too heavy. For example, if you have light skin, use a lighter foundation than if you have darker skin. The same goes for concealer; use the shade closest to your natural complexion color.
- Try using lighter eye shadows and eyeliners that are closer to the color of your natural eyelids instead of being too dark or too intense.
- If you’re wearing mascara, try using one with less volume and length so it doesn’t look like you’re trying too hard to make it appear smaller on your face or make it look fake on your eyes.
- Use bronzer in areas where you want to bring attention away from the forehead area like under the brows or on cheeks instead of on the forehead because then it will draw attention away from the forehead area as well as make all of your facial features seem more even in tone and expression–instead of drawing attention to just one feature like the forehead due to its prominence in contrast with other facial features underneath it like eyes or nose which can sometimes be emphasized by dark shadows under them making them stand out even more than they usually would anyway due simply to their darkness underneath them by comparison.
A large forehead can make you appear older and less attractive. Luckily, there are a few simple tricks you can use to get rid of it. Try using some of these tips and you’ll be on your way to making your forehead smaller in no time. Now that you know how to make your forehead smaller, you can feel more confident about your appearance. Whether you want to wear your hair up for work or you want to feel more attractive during date nights with your significant other, these tips will help you look your best.