If you are a brunette who started to see grey strands in your hair, then it’s time to cover them up before they take over your hair. Here are some tips on How To Hide Grey Hair On Brunettes. If you have dark brown or black hair and are going grey fast, don’t worry because there are things you can do about it. Hiding the greys with a wig, hat or any other item that covers your head is one way of dealing with it., The following article will help you get started.
How To Hide Grey Hair On Brunettes?
Use a colored conditioner
A colored conditioner is a quick and easy way to help disguise the grey in your hair. Simply apply it to your hair as you would a regular conditioner and leave it in for a few minutes. When you rinse it out, grey will be colored to match your natural hair color. Gel refreshers are another option that can be used on both wet and dry hair. These are special types of colored hairspray that will last until you wash your hair again. Colored hair sprays are good for keeping grey hair covered in between color appointments. People with lighter hair tend to use colored shampoos and conditioners more often. Brunettes can use these products too, but they should be careful not to overdo it. Too much color can lead to some unnatural-looking results.
Try a dry shampoo
Dry shampoos are for more than just your hair. If you’re in a rush or don’t have time to wash your hair, dry shampoo can help you get by in a pinch. It works by absorbing extra oils from your scalp and hair to give you a fresh look. If you have grey hair that you want to hide, dry shampoo can temporarily tone down your greys. It may be a good idea to use dry shampoo on the roots of your hair if you have oily hair or an oily scalp. Such shampoos come in a variety of colors, which can make it easy to hide grey hair on brunettes. However, be sure to choose a brand that doesn’t leave any noticeable residue on your hair. You don’t want people to notice you’ve been using dry shampoo because they can’t miss the visible residue.
Pick the right shade of foundation
Foundation is something many people with grey hair use to their advantage. However, you should take care to pick the right color. If you pick too dark of a shade, it will draw attention to your grey hair even more. If you don’t want to wear a full face of foundation, try dabbing some on your temples and around your hairline. This is, of course, best for people who wear a lot of makeup. Let’s say you’re an office worker who doesn’t want grey showing through your dark hair. You can wear a quick and easy dab of light foundation on the top of your hairline to help blend the grey out of view. This works best for people with short hair, but those with long hair can try parting it on the side to draw attention away from the grey.
Go for ombre highlights
Ombre highlights are another hair-coloring technique that can help cover up grey hair. This involves applying highlights to the lower section of your hair, where most of the greys are likely to show. Highlights, especially ombre highlights, tend to be on the more expensive side. However, they are a permanent solution, so you won’t have to worry about covering up your greys again. For people who don’t want to commit to all-over hair colour, highlights could be an option. You can colour your roots regularly to keep up with your growing greys and add a few highlights in between appointments. This can help blend the grey with your other coloured hair and make it less noticeable.
Add more volume to your hair
If your hair is thinning, you can add more volume with colored highlights. If you have grey hair, you can color the highlights a shade darker than your natural hair color. This allows you to divert attention away from the greys in your hair. Highlights are also useful for hiding greys when you have long hair. If you have your hair in a ponytail or bun, colored highlights can help cover up the greys near the roots without having to do anything extra.
How To Grey Hair On Brunette Using A Wig?
- You might be wondering why we’re starting with the wig. Don’t worry, the wig has its place and we’ll get into that later.
- The wig is an excellent way of hiding grey hair if your hair is black or brown because it covers all of your hair including the roots.
- This means that even if you have touched up your roots, a wig will cover that up as well. So if you want a quick fix, then a wig is the best way to go.
- The trick lies in choosing the right wig. Since black and brown hair is so common, it’s easy to find a wig that matches your natural hair color.
- Choose a wig that matches your natural hair color and length as closely as possible.
- The best wigs have a realistic texture, so choose one that looks natural.
How To Grey Hair On Brunette Using Hair Dye?
Hair dye, or hair coloring, can be used on both dark and light hair. It is a permanent way to get rid of grey in your brunette hair. Hair dyes are also great for covering grey streaks and roots. There are a couple of things you have to keep in mind while choosing a hair dye to cover grey hair on a brunette.
- First, find out which brands offer brunette hair dye.
- If you don’t find the right one in your local store, try shopping online instead.
- Next, you have to make sure that the hair dye you choose covers grey hair.
- There are a few dyes that are specially formulated to cover grey hair.
- These dyes usually come in two different types – one for covering grey hair and one for covering grey roots.
- Choose the right one depending on where you want to cover grey hair.
How To Grey Hair On Brunette With A Chemical Process?
If you have dark brunette hair and are going grey, you’re in luck because it’s easy to get rid of the grey using a chemical process.
- The most common chemical process that gets used to getting rid of grey on brunettes is called hair coloring.
- You can either get your hair professionally colored at a salon or color your hair at home.
- Having your hair professionally colored costs a lot of money and is only recommended for people who have experience dyeing their hair at home.
- You can color your hair at home using a hair color kit. These hair coloring kits come with everything you need to color your hair.
- You can choose the right color and get the help of a friend to apply the dye if you’re doing it on your own.
- If you’re not sure which color to choose, ask your hairdresser for help.
How To Grey Hair On Brunette With An Extension?
If you’re looking for a long-term solution to hiding grey hair on a brunette, you can get a clip-in extension. The best thing about this is that you can remove the extension whenever you want, unlike dyeing your hair or getting a perm that will damage your hair. There are a few things you have to keep in mind when choosing a clip-in extension to hide grey hair on a brunette.
- First, make sure that you choose a color that matches your natural hair color as closely as possible.
- Next, make sure that you get a good quality extension.
- Good quality extensions are soft and won’t damage your hair when you take them out.
Now that you know how to hide grey hair on a brunette, you can live your life without worrying about grey strands showing. There are a variety of ways to hide grey hair and you can choose any of them depending on your preferences. The best way to hide grey hair on a brunette is by using a wig. While wigs are great for hiding grey hair, they can be inconvenient at times. Alternatively, you can get chemical processes done, get an extension or choose the right hair dye.