Waterproof eyeliner is a beauty lover’s best friend. From dark, smoldering gazes to watery pastel-inspired looks, a waterproof formula can facilitate the creation of almost any eye look that you can imagine. With so many benefits and convenient long-lasting properties, it’s no wonder why waterproof eyeliner continues to be one of the most popular formulas for both professional makeup artists and everyday women. But what if you don’t necessarily want to keep your eyeliner on for days on end? What if you just want to wear your new favorite black or brown liquid liner for an evening out with friends? If this sounds like something you can relate to, then read on to learn how you can get waterproof eyeliner off when you feel like taking it off sooner than expected.
How To Get Waterproof Eyeliner Off The Easy Way
Use a Q-Tip
You can use a Q-tip to clean up your eyeliner. In fact, you can use this method for any makeup that is not waterproof. If you have mascara, then you can also use the Q-tip to remove it. The key with this method is to be gentle and make sure that you don’t dig into the skin around your eyes. A Q-tip will remove most of the product on the eyelid without causing any damage or discomfort to your eyes.
Rub with a tissue or wipe gently with some baby wipes
If you want to get rid of waterproof eyeliner quickly, then try rubbing it off gently with a tissue or wiping it off gently with some baby wipes. This will not only do the job quickly but is also a great way to make sure that no excess product gets on your skin. Also, using baby wipes will prevent any eye irritation from occurring and help keep your skin soft and moisturized while removing all traces of makeup from around your eyes.
Use an oil cleanser like coconut oil or olive oil
Another great way to remove waterproof eyeliner without causing damage is by using an oil cleanser. You can choose between coconut oil and olive oil as they are both very popular oils in the beauty industry today and are safe for sensitive skin types as well as people who have acne issues around their eyes. Before removing the waterproof eyeliner, oil cleansers can be used as a great way to remove any additional makeup that may have been applied to the eyelid.
Use eye make-up remover wipes
Another great way to remove waterproof eyeliner is by using an eye make-up remover wipe. These wipes can be used for various makeup products that you want to remove from the eyes and are very effective in removing waterproof eyeliner from the skin around the eyes. You will be able to get your waterproof eyeliner off with these wipes in just a few minutes without causing any damage or irritation to your eyes. Just remember that it is best not to rub too hard on your skin when wiping off waterproof eyeliner using these wipes as this can cause damage or irritation. Also, if you want to remove all traces of makeup on your lashes, then use a separate wipe for this purpose as well.
The Key To Removing Any Type Of Eyeliner
Wet Your Makeup Brushes
Wet the bristles of your makeup brushes and then use them to gently rub any waterproof eyeliner or liquid eyeliner off. This is the easiest method of getting waterproof eyeliner off because it will not damage your makeup brushes. In fact, this method is so effective that you can use the same brush to remove other types of make-up as well.
Apply an Oil-Based Make-Up Remover
The oil-based remover will dissolve the waterproof formula and allow it to be washed off with water or wiped away with a tissue. The oil-based remover is great for removing any type of make-up including waterproof eyeliner and liquid eyeliner. If you have sensitive skin, then I recommend buying one that does not contain alcohol because alcohol can dry out your skin.
Use a Wet Puff or Cotton Ball (for Waterproof Liquid Liners)
If you are using a water-resistant formula, then you can wipe it off using a wet puff or cotton ball (for waterproof liquid liners). This is another easy way to get waterproof eyeliner off that does not damage your makeup brushes in the process. If you have sensitive skin, then I recommend buying one that does not contain alcohol because alcohol can dry out your skin.
Use an Oil-Based Make-Up Remover (for Waterproof Liquid Liners)
If you are using a water-resistant formula, then you can wipe it off using an oil-based make-up remover. The oil-based remover is great for removing any type of make-up including waterproof eyeliner and liquid eyeliner. If you have sensitive skin, then I recommend buying one that does not contain alcohol because alcohol can dry out your skin.
Using A Based Oil To Remove Waterproof Eyeliner
- First, you’ll want to remove any traces of your eyeliner using a gentle cleanser. You can use an eyeliner remover, or you can simply use a basic cleanser like Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo. The baby shampoo is usually gentle enough to remove waterproof eyeliner without damaging the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Next, you’ll want to use a cotton pad and some warm water to remove any traces of the waterproof formula from your eyelids. Be sure not to rub or scrub at the skin around your eyes as this could cause irritation and redness.
- Once all traces of the waterproof formula have been removed, you can then apply a based oil such as coconut oil or castor oil to help bring back that natural look that you have been craving for so long!
- With the right base in place, you’ll be able to easily remove all traces of your waterproof eyeliner in mere seconds with minimal irritation and discomfort! For best results, continue using this method until all traces of your liner have been removed completely from both skin and hair follicles.
Using A Cleansing Oil To Remove Waterproof Eyeliner
- Begin by washing your face with a cleansing oil.
- After you’ve thoroughly washed your face, including the eyelids, pat your skin dry with a towel.
- Apply your favorite thick oil to a cotton pad and rub it gently on the eyelid area where you wish to remove the waterproof eyeliner.
- Allow the oil to sit on top of the eyelid for 5 minutes or so to allow it to absorb into the skin and make it easier for it to be removed with makeup remover.
- Remove any excess oil from your lid using a warm washcloth or makeup remover as needed before you apply any cosmetics as usual or in preparation for bedtime.
- If you notice that you’ve missed some black liner during this process, then use an eye shadow blending brush used wet or damp to blend it in with your regular eye shadow application technique so that no lines are noticeable when wearing makeup again at night or during daytime activities such as work or school.
Using A Mascara-Based Remover To Remove Waterproof Eyeliner
- Start by removing the waterproof eyeliner from your eyelids with a makeup remover. It’s best to choose a product that is specifically formulated for removing eye makeup. If you don’t have any on hand, then use an eye makeup remover that contains benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
- Next, use an oil-based makeup remover to remove the waterproof liner from your eyes. If you’re using a product that contains benzoyl peroxide, then be careful not to rub it into your skin too heavily or it could cause irritation and redness
- The last step is to remove the remaining waterproof liner from your face with cotton pads or wipes soaked in warm water and baby oil.
- Rinse your face with warm water to remove any remaining waterproof liner and then gently pat dry.
- Apply a moisturizer to your face to help promote healing and prevent any further irritation from the remover.
Waterproof eyeliner is a near-essential product for modern makeup lovers. From long-lasting day looks to dramatic evening styles, a waterproof formula can facilitate the creation of almost any eye look that you can imagine. However, if you want to take your eyeliner off, you’ll need to know how to remove waterproof eyeliner so that it comes off as easily as possible. The best way to get rid of any type of eyeliner is always to start by using warm water. This is the best way to break down the pigments and lift the eyeliner right off the skin. Use a warm washcloth or even your hands to gently rub the eyeliner away. After that, follow up with a gentle cleanser or eye makeup remover. If you’re hoping to get a waterproof eyeliner off without having to go through a laborious removal process, we suggest that you test out the product and see how long it lasts for you. If it doesn’t budge even after hours of wear, then you can always try an extra-strength makeup remover to help you get the job done.