Keeping your outdoor furniture looking nice doesn’t have to be a constant battle. With the right cleaning routine and a few trusty cleaning tools, you can keep your patio set fresh and ready for use all summer long. There are many different materials used in outdoor furniture, like wicker, teak, metal, and even plastic. Regardless of what type of outdoor furniture you have, keeping it clean will keep it from rotting or growing mold and mildew. To help you get started on keeping your outdoor furniture clean this summer, we’ve put together this helpful guide with everything you need to know about cleaning patio furniture mesh.
How To Clean Patio Furniture Mesh
Start With A Clean Surface
Before you can begin cleaning your patio furniture mesh, you’ll need to get the surface of your outdoor furniture clean. If you have a metal patio set, it may be best to wipe it down with a moist cloth and some mild soap. For any other type of outdoor furniture, like wooden or plastic, use a damp cloth and some dish soap or bleach to clean off any dirt and grime from the surface. If you have wicker furniture that has been covered with a layer of plastic, this should be removed first before cleaning the rest of your patio set.
Spray Away Any Dirt And Grime With A Cleaning Solution
Once the surface is clean and dry, spray away any dirt or dust with a cleaning solution designed for outdoor furniture. You should always use an unscented product because scented products can leave behind an unpleasant smell on your patio set that will eventually attract pests. If you have metal patio furniture, place a small amount of cleaner on a microfiber cloth and wipe down the surface thoroughly with light pressure. For any other type of outdoor furniture, like wicker or plastic, spray away any dirt with an unscented cleaner and then wipe it down lightly with a damp cloth. Remove any remaining grime using another microfiber cloth dipped in water until all dirt is removed from the surface of your patio furniture mesh.
Deep Cleaning Is Essential For Wicker And Plastic Patio Furniture
Next, you’ll want to give your patio furniture mesh a deep cleaning. If you have plastic patio furniture, you can clean it with a dry cloth and some warm water to remove any dirt and grime that may have accumulated on the surface. For wicker furniture, you’ll need to use a mixture of dish soap and water to clean off any dirt or grime from the surface. You can also spray away any dirt with a cleaning solution made for outdoor furniture before wiping it down with a damp cloth. You can use a microfiber cloth or sponge for this part of the cleaning process if your outdoor furniture has plastic parts or if it is made from wicker.
Store Your Outdoor Furniture In A Dry Place To Prevent Rusting
After cleaning your patio set, you should store it in an area where there is no direct sunlight or excessive moisture so that it doesn’t rust over time. If you have wooden patio furniture, this is easy to do because they won’t rust as long as they are stored indoors in an area where there is plenty of ventilation and air circulation. For wicker patio sets, you should store them out in the sun for no more than four hours at one time so that it doesn’t begin to mold or rot over time. You can also place your wicker furniture outside during certain times of the year like when rain is expected so that the wood doesn’t begin to rot. However, if you don’t want to store your wicker furniture outside for long periods of time, you can place it in the garage or a storage shed that has plenty of ventilation and air circulation and where it won’t be exposed to direct sunlight.
What Is Patio Furniture Mesh?
- Patio Furniture Mesh Is A Material Used For Furniture That Helps Prevent Sun Damage
A patio furniture mesh is a type of fabric that is used to protect your furniture from UV rays. Sun damage can occur in a variety of ways, like fading or cracking, but the primary way it occurs is through the sun’s ultraviolet rays. By using a patio furniture mesh, you help prevent this damage from occurring.
- Patio Furniture Mesh Is Often Made From Polypropylene Or Polyester Material
Polypropylene and polyester are two common materials used to make patio furniture mesh because they are both inexpensive and easy to work with. While polypropylene is more durable than polyester, both materials will still last for many years without any major issues.
- Patio Furniture Mesh Is Placed Over The Outdoor Furniture To Protect It From UV Rays
The most common way that patio furniture mesh is placed over outdoor furniture is by using tape or glue to attach it to the surface of the material itself. While this may seem tedious, it’s actually a very effective way of protecting your furniture from UV rays and keeping it looking new for years to come. Other types of tapes or glues may also be used in different places on your outdoor furniture such as under cushions or around legs for extra protection against UV rays. You can even ask your local hardware store if they have any type of tape or glue that will work with your specific type of furniture and they will be more than happy to help you.
- You May Have To Clean Patio Furniture Mesh Regularly
While it may seem like a hassle to have to clean patio furniture mesh, the truth is that you need to do this regularly in order to keep it looking new for years to come. This can be done by simply washing it with mild soap and water or using a mesh cleaner, which is an easy way of removing any dirt and grime that has built up on the surface.
Why Is Patio Furniture Mesh Important To Clean?
- Patio furniture mesh is an important component of your outdoor furniture. Since it’s usually made of woven or twine material, it can catch debris, dust, and pollen that can easily get into your home or onto your furniture. It’s also porous and will absorb moisture from the air, which can cause mildew or mold to grow on it.
- Patio mesh is also a place for bugs to live and breed. If you have a patio set that has mesh on it, you should be able to see some sort of bug activity going on in there. These bugs can breed in the mesh and leave behind a layer of waste as they move around inside the material.
- When you clean your patio furniture every few months, you keep dirt from building up on the fabric and remove any bugs from remaining in there over time.
- Patio furniture mesh is also a place for water to collect if you leave a potted plant sitting on top of it for too long during a rainstorm or watering period. This area is not only where water collects but also where mold and mildew can grow if not cleaned up properly after heavy rains or watering periods.
- You should regularly clean your patio furniture mesh as well as any other outdoor pieces with fabric such as cushions or pillows to help prevent mildew or mold from growing inside them either!
Tips For The Best Way To Clean Patio Furniture Mesh
- The first thing you need to know is that you will need to remove all the cushions from your patio furniture. You can do this by unscrewing the screws on the chair and then pulling each one out. You will also want to remove the cushion from your table or chair, depending on which one you have. After removing all of the cushions, then it’s time to check if they have any cracks or holes in them. If they do, you will need to fix those before cleaning them.
- Next, you will want to use a garden hose and wet down your patio furniture mesh until it starts getting soggy and wet. Make sure that all of the water has been rinsed off and there are no spots of water left in any of your furniture pieces or cushions before moving on.
- Once your patio furniture has been properly rinsed, it’s time to dry it off with a clean towel or cloth so that it doesn’t become moldy, mildewy, or rotten again next season!
- Now comes the most important part: Cleaning! You don’t want to just throw some soap on there and get back into your day without making sure that all of those dirty spots are gone! To clean these areas, use a soft bristle brush with a little bit of dish soap mixed in with it so that they can get completely cleaned out! If you prefer a more natural way of doing things, then you can use a soft cloth with just water. For really tough stains, you can use a little bit of dish soap mixed in with the water, but I would recommend using it sparingly so that you don’t end up damaging your furniture.
- The next step is to clean the cushions that you removed from your furniture. You will want to remove all of the dirt that has accumulated there and then wash them out with mild soap and warm water mix. After the cushions are washed, make sure to dry them off so that they don’t get moldy! If you need to get rid of any spots or stains on the cushion, then apply some fabric softener or baby powder so that it doesn’t become smelly or dirty again!
- Once all of your cushions have been cleaned and dried, it’s time to clean your furniture itself! You will want to start by cleaning each piece separately with a dry cloth or paper towel so that you aren’t spreading dirt throughout your entire patio set! After each piece has been cleaned up nicely, make sure to reassemble everything back together and give it another quick rinse before drying it all off again with a clean towel or cloth! You should also make sure that none of the pieces are bent because this can cause rusting in between pieces as well as marring on one side while being assembled!
Cleaning your patio furniture once a week or once every couple of weeks will help keep it in good shape for years to come. It’s also a good idea to clean it after it rains or snows, as moisture can build up on the surface and cause mold to grow. If you follow these tips and use a good cleansing routine, you can clean your patio furniture any time of year, regardless of the weather. Now, you know what patio furniture mesh is, why it’s important to clean it, and how to clean it. So, all that’s left is to get started. With a little bit of effort, your outdoor furniture will look great all year long.