Verizon is one of the largest providers of cell phone services in the United States. Unfortunately, their services can be rather restrictive. If you’re someone who likes to tinker with your phone and make it do things that go above and beyond its original programming, you might find Verizon’s restrictions to be a bit of an annoyance. Whether you have a family plan with Verizon or not, they have set restrictions on what apps and services are available on their network. This means that you may not be able to use programs like VPNs or access websites like Google Fi or Alexa from your smartphone unless you take some extra steps to get around these blocks. In this article, we will show you how to bypass Verizon Smart Family so that you can use any app that you want and access any website that you feel like visiting.
How To Bypass Verizon Smart Family
- First things first, you will need to get access to a computer. This can be done through various methods such as using a mobile hotspot, using a laptop on the same network, or using a desktop or laptop at home.
- Once you have your computer up and running, download your VPN of choice to your device. We recommend NordVPN because it has good speeds and can be used on all devices on all platforms (Windows, Mac OSX, Linux)
- Open the VPN app on your device of choice and sign in with your account information
- The next step is to connect to the US server located at 220.127.116.11/15 which can be found here. It is important that you connect to this server otherwise you will not be able to access anything from this guide!
- Once you have connected, you will be able to access all of the websites that are blocked by Verizon Smart Family. This includes Google Fi, Alexa, and all other websites that have been blocked by Verizon Smart Family.
- If you would like to access more websites or apps, simply connect to a different server and keep connecting until you find one that allows you access to the sites and apps that you want!
- There is no need to create an account with a VPN provider like NordVPN in order for these steps to work – just connect to any server and use your favorite VPN app!
What Is Verizon Smart Family?
- Verizon Smart Family is a system that Verizon uses to control what apps and services are available on their network. If you have a family plan with Verizon, they will usually set this system up automatically so that your entire family has access to certain apps like Netflix or Hulu. The problem is that this system can be quite restrictive, and you may not be able to use some of your favorite apps if the ones that Verizon has decided for you are not compatible with your phone.
- To get around this, we must first understand what software Verizon uses to set up these restrictions. You see, the program used by Verizon Smart Family is called Mobile Hotspot Shield. This software helps block third-party apps from being used on your phone. By using our guide below, you can bypass this software and do whatever you want with your phone without worrying about being blocked from using certain services or accessing certain websites.
- So how does one go about bypassing this software? Well, the first thing we need to do is download an app called Avast Secure Browser on our computer or tablet (only works on Windows). Once downloaded and installed, we need to make sure that Avast Secure Browser is allowed to run in the background while we’re on our computer so that it can monitor any traffic sent over our WiFi connection and then send all of it back through the VPN connection so it doesn’t get blocked in the future by any software installed by Verizon.
- Once Avast Secure Browser is set up and running in the background, we need to make sure that it is allowed to receive incoming traffic so that it can monitor any traffic sent over the VPN. We do this by going to Settings > Network > Security > and turning on “Allow incoming connections” (make sure you’re connected to a VPN at this point).
- Now that Avast Secure Browser is allowed to receive incoming connections, we can go back into Verizon Smart Family and install a new app called Mobile Hotspot Shield Free VPN Proxy. Once installed, we need to go back into Avast Secure Browser and select the newly installed Mobile Hotspot Shield Free VPN Proxy from under “VPN connection” in the menu on the left-hand side of our screen.
Using A Vpn To Bypass Verizon Smart Family
- Download and install a VPN for your device.
- Set up your VPN connection by following the instructions in the app’s settings menu.
- Disable WebRTC on your Android device so that you don’t accidentally use it to access sites that are restricted on Verizon’s network.
- Open Google Fi and log in using your Gmail account or any other Google account that you want to use with Fi (you can use a different email address than your normal one if you wish).
- Go to “My Account” and select “Switch” from the dropdown menu at the top right of the page. You will be prompted to enter a password for your Google Fi account, then select “Switch”.
- Click on the “Next” button and wait while Fi connects to Verizon’s network, then click on “Finish”. You should now be able to access any website that is blocked by Verizon Smart Family (and more) without having to worry about it not working anymore!
Using A Proxy To Bypass Verizon Smart Family
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Select “Wi-Fi.”
- Select the “Advanced” tab and tap “Proxies.”
- Tap on the button labeled “Manual” (the one with a plus sign on it).
- Type in the hostname of the website that you want to visit: something like https://www.google.com/ or https://www.amazon.com/ This is what your web browser will see when it tries to access the website:
- Tap on “Add.” Your web browser will now be able to access the website that you entered in step 5 above without being blocked by Verizon Smart Family!
The Verizon Smart Family plan is a helpful internet security service that is especially useful for families with younger children who are just learning how to use the internet. Unfortunately, it can also make it difficult for teens and other adults to use their phones the way that they want to. Fortunately, there are a few ways that you can bypass Verizon Smart Family so that you can use your phone any way that you want. If you want to use your phone without restrictions, you need to know how to bypass Verizon Smart Family. We’ve shown you how to do just that using a VPN, a proxy server, or a combination of the two. Now, it’s time to take your phone back and enjoy it the way that you want to.