Do you sweat more when the humidity is high? Do you feel dehydrated if you have to keep your cupboard and fridge stocked with plenty of water throughout the day? If so, then pebble trays are probably something that needs looking into. Humidity is one of those things that’s constantly changing based on the season and our personal habits. If we can manage to keep a window box filled with vernacular iris in bloom all year round, why not create an artificial humidity source indoors that mimics nature’s plan? For me, it’s a matter of creating more space in my home without sacrificing natural light or compromising on style. The ability to have a humidor at home makes for a much greater variety of cigars than I could ever hope to smoke in one spot. -SJ, Boston
Do Pebble Trays Work For Humidity?
Pebble trays do not work for humidity. They are meant to hold water droplets and not sweat.
How To Make A Pebble Trays Work In Your Home
- The first thing that you need to do is create a humidor. This can be done by purchasing a humidor, or by building your own out of wood. You need to purchase a humidifier and some pebble trays. A humidor that is made from wood will last much longer than one made from plastic.
- Once you have your humidor, you need to fill it with your favorite cigars, and then fill the interior with water. If you are using a wooden box, make sure that the inside is lined with cedar to prevent damage to the cigars over time.
- After filling the cigar box with water and your cigars, set it in an area where it will remain at room temperature year-round (around 70 degrees). If you are using a wooden box, use cedar or other material that prevents moisture damage over time.-
- You will want to place each of the pebble trays on either side of the cigar box so that they are in contact with the water inside.-
- Now place another tray underneath each tray in contact with the top tray.
- Place all of these on top of something that won’t move around too much so as not to break any of these trays.
What Are The Features Of A Pebble Tray?
- Pebble trays are made of stone, ceramic, or wood.
- The pebble trays are rectangular in shape and vary in size with the largest ones being about 2 inches by 3 inches.
- Each tray is cut into different sizes and shapes, so you can choose the one that suits your cigar box best.-
- The pebble trays come in different colors and may match your wooden humidor.
- You can also get them in black or white to match any decor that you have in your home.
What Can I Use For A Humidity Tray?
- The first thing to consider is what you want to use as a cover for the humidity tray. You can sometimes find cedar trays that are meant for humidors for sale at your local hardware store.
- Another option is to turn the pebble tray into a small humidor by using a cedar top. You can also get cedar trays that are made specifically for this purpose.
- If you don’t want to buy any special humidor, you can just go ahead and buy a cheap wooden box from your local hardware store and fill it with water, then place your cigars inside.
- The pebble trays are also great for displaying your cigars in a more decorative manner, so if you don’t have a humidor that is made specifically for this purpose, you can use one of these as an alternative.-
- Another option is to make a small pebble tray humidor to use as an alternative to the wooden humidor. You can make this out of wood, or you can use one of the pebble trays on the market that is made from plastic or metal.
- Pebble trays are also great for placing your cigars in storage while they are not being used. This will help keep them at a constant temperature so they won’t become damaged over time.
What Are The Pros Of Using Pebbles?
- Pebble trays are more affordable than other humidification devices.
- Pebble trays are made of wood, ceramic, or stone.
- Pebbles are easily available and come in different colors and designs to match your home décor.-
- Pebble trays can be purchased at local hardware stores, supermarkets, or online.-
- Pebble trays can be placed in a cool, dry place where they will remain at room temperature year-round.
- Pebbles are available in different sizes and shapes to fit any humidor.-
- You can use pebble trays for storing other things too such as jewelry, coins, documents, or anything else that you want to store at room temperature year-round.
- They are inexpensive and easy to use.
What Are The Cons Of Using Pebbles?
- Pebble trays aren’t as effective as other humidification devices that use a digital or mechanical sensor to measure humidity levels, but they still work well for storing cigars.-
- There isn’t much information about using pebble trays to store cigars, so you may find it difficult to find someone who can answer your questions about them.-
- There isn’t any research done on the safety of using pebble trays to store cigars, so you will have to research the pros and cons for yourself before using them in your home.
- Pebble trays may not be as effective as other humidification devices, but they are still very good for storing cigars at room temperature year-round.
One of the best things you can do for your cigars is to ensure that they get the proper humidity. You can do this by purchasing a humidifier, but for the best results, you can also humidify your home with a pebble tray. If you decide to go with a humidifier, try to go with a hygrometer to ensure ideal humidity.
How can I tell if my humidor has the proper humidity?
- To tell if your humidor has the proper humidity, all you need to do is place a few drops of distilled water on the bottom of your humidor. If it forms a little puddle, there is likely enough moisture in your humidor. If it forms a ring, there is likely too much moisture in your humidor.
How do I know when it’s time to refill my humidifier?
- When you feel that your cigars are drying out and becoming more brittle, you should refill the humidifier with distilled water. You don’t want to keep refilling the same container over and over again because it will become contaminated with bacteria that will affect how well it works for storing cigars.
What do I use as a filler for my pebble tray?
- You can use pebbles or sea shells as fillers in a pebble tray. You may want to consider using only one type of stone or shell because they may not provide enough humidity to store cigars well.
What is the best way to clean my pebble tray?
- You can use a soft bristle brush with warm water and soap. If you notice any dirt or other particles on the stones, you can soak them in distilled water before brushing them off. You may want to use a toothbrush to remove stubborn bits of debris.
How do I clean my humidor?
- You should always keep your humidor clean and free of debris. You can use a soft bristle brush with warm water and soap. If you notice any dirt or other particles on the stones, you can soak them in distilled water before brushing them off. You may want to use a toothbrush to remove stubborn bits of debris.