Doordash is an on-demand, delivery service app. The company enables customers to order food from local restaurants and have it delivered to their homes or workplaces. As a driver for Doordash, you will pick up the food from the restaurant and deliver it to the customer. You must be at least 18 years old, have a car that meets Doordash’s safety requirements, not have any major traffic violations in the past year, and pass a background check. Doordash only accepts drivers who hold a valid driver’s license from their home state or province and a clean driving record. They also require you to have proof of car insurance before signing up as a driver. If you meet these criteria, you may be eligible to drive for Doordash as an independent contractor.
Do I Need a Red Card to Doordash?
Yes, if you are going to door dash for any amount of time. Doordash is a service that allows you to order food from local restaurants and have it delivered to your door. The process is simple and the pay is great. However, there are some things you must know before signing up.
What Is A Red Card?
A Red Card is a document issued by the California Department of Public Health showing that the holder is permitted to drive commercially. The Doordash Red Card is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Before signing up as a Doordash driver, you must first obtain a Red Card from the California DMV. Operating commercial vehicles without a valid Red Card is a misdemeanor in California.
How To Apply For A Doordash Red Card
- You must complete a Driver’s License Application and pay the $24 fee.
- You must have a valid California driver’s license to apply for a Doordash Red Card. You can obtain your California driver’s license at any DMV office in the state.
- You must provide a copy of your driver’s license to the California DMV.
- You must also have your Red Card or a valid California driver’s license in your possession.
- You must complete a Motor Vehicle Eligibility Questionnaire (MVQ) and pay the $15 fee.
- You will be required to complete a driving test at an approved testing facility, such as a DMV office or Driver Exam Center.
- If your driving record meets all of the requirements of Doordash, you will be issued a Red Card and you can begin working for Doordash immediately!
- When applying for the Red Card, you must also provide proof that you are not currently on probation with another state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). To do this, you can:
- Your application may be denied if you have any criminal convictions or unpaid traffic tickets in California within the last three years
- You must have your driver’s license in your possession at the time of application.
- You must be able to pass the vision test and driving test.
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a Doordash Red Card.
- You must not have been convicted of any moving violations within the past five years, including traffic tickets, accidents, reckless driving, or any other moving violations that resulted in a crash or injury to another person or damage to another person’s property.
- If you have been convicted of any moving violations within the past five years, you will need to complete a Driver Improvement Program as part of your application process for a Red Card with Doordash.
- The Doordash application will take between two and four weeks to complete once you pass all required tests and submit all required documentation and fees with the DMV office where you are applying for a Red Card (or within two If you do not have a license, you must wait until your DMV has issued a license to you.
You must be prepared to wait up to 45 days for the Red Card to be issued. Once you have the Doordash Red Card, you can begin driving for the company. If you have a clean record, you can earn up to $25 per hour as a Doordash driver. You will earn more per hour if you are willing to work at peak times, such as meal times and weekends. Doordash is accepting drivers from all over the United States. If you meet the qualifications, you can apply and start driving for the company today.