Yes, you can. If you have a personal account and a business account on the same number, the first thing that might come to mind is if both accounts can be connected with each other or not. While there are some apps where you need to create an additional profile for accessing its features in a business capacity, that’s not the case with Whatsapp Business and Whatsapp. And it’s great news because unlike with other apps, using both the personal and professional versions of Whatsapp on the same number doesn’t require too much effort or compromise your privacy. With almost 1 billion users across the globe, it is safe to say that Whatsapp has become one of the most used messaging apps by businesses and individuals.
Can You Use Whatsapp And Whatsapp Business On The Same Number?
Yes, you can use WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business on the same phone, but you will need to use different phone numbers. WhatsApp Business is designed for business users and offers features such as business messaging tools and analytics.
What Is Whatsapp Business?
- Whatsapp Business is a form of Whatsapp that has a business-focused interface. It allows you to send and receive text messages, pictures, videos, and voice messages.
- The business version of Whatsapp also comes with several additional features such as the ability to create groups, share files, and receive analytics on how your ads are performing.
- You can also use the app if you’re a small business owner or just want to manage your brand’s social media presence. However, it does not have all the features that the personal version does so there are some limitations when it comes to messaging other users via Whatsapp Business. For example:
- You cannot read from or send photos from your phone’s camera roll (unless you have added them manually). However, you can still send audio messages and read group messages from within the app itself (as long as they are sent by other users via Whatsapp Business). Likewise, if you want to read someone’s WhatsApp message in their native language (English in this case), then that feature is unavailable in Whatsapp Business too unless they have allowed it for themselves (you can see who has allowed this feature in their settings). This is why you need to be careful while choosing which app you wish to use on your number or what kind of number it is because there are some limitations when using both apps on the same number at the same time! So make sure that whichever app you choose, is the right one for your business.
- Whatsapp Business can be used on both Android and iOS phones, not just iPhone users. And there are no limits on how many messages you can send or receive per day (unlike other apps). However, the app is available only in certain countries and regions so check if it’s available where you are located.
Whatsapp For Business – How To Set Up Whatsapp Business Account
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and download Whatsapp Business.
- Once you have downloaded the app, sign up for a business account via your mobile number and password.
- You will receive an SMS message from Whatsapp confirming receipt of your account activation request.
- After you have confirmed the receipt of the Whatsapp Business activation request, go to Settings > Account > WhatsApp Business app > Sign in with code and enter the code provided by the Whatsapp Business team on their website.
- Once you have successfully signed in with a code, go to Settings > Account > WhatsApp Business app > Sign out of WhatsApp business 6. That’s it! You are now ready to use Whatsapp for business on your iPhone or iPad without any limitations or restrictions.
Can You Run A Whatsapp Business Account And A Personal Account On The Same Phone Number?
- The first thing that you need to do is to enable WhatsApp Business in your personal account. To do this, you will have to go to Settings > Account > WhatsApp > Edit.
- Then, you will have to click on the toggle switch beside the WhatsApp Business option and it will turn green. You can now use Whatsapp Business in your personal account.
- Now, if you want to use both Whatsapp accounts on a single device (such as a smartphone), all you have to do is set up a second number for your business account and add that number as an SMS contact in both accounts.
- Once done, all of your messages from both accounts will be delivered directly to your new contact’s phone number and not the original one from which they originated (if you are using an SMS-based system).
- This can be achieved by setting up an SMS forwarding service such as Google Voice or Twilio or by setting up a second SIM card for your smartphone with the same number as that of your business account (which is what we suggest). If this is not possible, then it’s better if both of them are run on different numbers so that they don’t exchange messages via the same phone number and thereby avoid being hacked or affected by malware or viruses while being used simultaneously by two different users who have access to their respective Whatsapp accounts from different devices belonging to them at the same time.
- That’s all there is to it. You can now use Whatsapp Business in your personal account and it will be delivered directly to your contact’s phone number. And vice versa, you can use your personal account in a business capacity when you are not accessing it from a personal device or an app that requires the user to be logged in and the messages from your personal account will be directly delivered to the phone number of your business contact.
Why It’s Nice To Have Both Whatsapp For Business And Personal Use On The Same Phone
1. No more confusion
You have your personal WhatsApp and business Whatsapp on the same phone. You can now use both accounts without any confusion. Business users can now start using Whatsapp for business communications, while personal users can continue to use Whatsapp as a messaging app. Both will be able to send messages, pictures, and videos to each other with ease.
2. Reduce the number of devices you need
Using both the business and personal versions of Whatsapp on the same phone is a great way to reduce the number of devices you need. You can use the WhatsApp Business app on your personal phone, while other users will be able to use your account on their personal phones.
3. No need for additional accounts
If you have a business account, then there’s no need to create another one for accessing Whatsapp Business features. Your personal account will be enough as usual and will work with all other functions of Whatsapp Business.
4. Less confusion in sharing files and documents
Sharing files and documents between two different WhatsApp users can be confusing sometimes because there’s a chance that you might send something to the wrong person or group chat that might end up in a public folder or deleted without anyone knowing about it. This is not an issue anymore with both WhatsApp for business and personal use on the same phone because both users can now share files with ease from their respective accounts without any confusion or hassle. The user who receives such files will easily be able to open them using both Whatsapp for business and personal use on the same device without having any issues at all. You’ll also have an easier time sharing links, images, videos, and GIFs from your mobile device with other people using this feature as well.
All in all, it’s possible to use the same number for your work and personal accounts and it’s a great choice because it makes it easy to switch between accounts, gives you access to all of your messages, and is easier to keep track of your conversations. If you are looking to use WhatsApp with your business, then using the same number for both accounts is absolutely doable and ideal.