Smoothies are pretty much everywhere right now. But are they just fads, or are they here to stay? We think they’re here to stay because they’re an amazing way to get your 5-a-day in a glass and also because they can be quite versatile. From adding protein powder to using avocado instead of banana, there are many ways you can adapt smoothie recipes. And that includes changing up the liquid used. Because yes, you can make a smoothie with water! But is it a good idea? And what other options do you have? Let’s take a look.
Can You Make A Smoothie With Water?
For a smoothie, you can use water. You can even use tap water. However, it’s best to use filtered water or distilled water. Water is a great alternative to milk and other dairy products that may not be good for you. You can also add some ice cubes in addition to the fruit so it will be colder and more refreshing.
What You Need To Know About Water When Making A Smoothie
- Water is the most important ingredient in your smoothie, so make sure to always use filtered or distilled water.
- You can use tap water to make a smoothie, but it’s best to use filtered water or distilled water.
- It’s also good to add some ice cubes in addition to the fruit so it will be colder and more refreshing.
- If you are using a blender, you don’t need to add ice cubes because the blade will crush the ice and blend it well with your smoothie ingredients.
- When using frozen fruits, you can add some ice cubes in addition to them so they will be colder and more refreshing as well as give you a thicker consistency of your smoothie.
- If you are using fresh fruits, you don’t have to add ice cubes because they will be cold enough on their own depending on what kind of fruits you are using for your smoothie and their ripeness.
- If you are using frozen fruits, make sure that they are not too frozen and that the ice cubes are not too big or your smoothie will be too icy when you drink it.
- It’s good to add some ice cubes in addition to your fruit if possible because it will give you a thicker consistency of your smoothie as well as make it colder and more refreshing when you drink it.
- You can use tap water for a smoothie, but it’s best to use filtered water or distilled water to get rid of the chemicals in tap water that may not be good for you.
- If your fruits are frozen, then there is no need to add ice cubes in addition because they will already have their own coldness and the blade of the blender will crush them well with other ingredients so they won’t be chunky at all.
Why Use Water?
- Water has no calories and is calorie-free.
- Water does not contain any fat or cholesterol.
- Water does not contain any sugar, sodium, or saturated fat.
- Water is very affordable and readily available in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, and other places where you can buy drinks and food items. You can also get water from your tap if you have a filtered water machine installed at home or office to purify the tap water before drinking it or using it for cooking and making smoothies.
- Water is rich in minerals that are essential to our body system such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, chlorine, sulfate, etc. These minerals are required by the body to function properly and help the body do its work effectively without any hassle or stress to the body system whatsoever!
- Water is a natural diuretic which means it will help you to urinate more frequently.
- Water helps the body eliminate toxins and waste products from the body system.
- Water helps in weight loss as it fills up your stomach and makes you feel fuller than eating solid food with calories or fat content in it. This will help you curb your appetite and be able to eat less food at mealtime which in turn will help you lose weight naturally without any side effects or negative effects on your health!
5 Other Options Instead Of Just Water
Water may be the most popular liquid used to make a smoothie, but it is not the only liquid that can be used. You can use milk or juice. Coconut water is a great alternative to using water. You can also use tea as an alternative.
Milk and Smoothies
Milk makes a smoothie creamier and thicker in consistency. It also adds more calories and sugar to your drink, which is not good if you’re trying to lose weight or are watching your sugar intake. Milk works well with fruit smoothies since it has a similar texture to the fruit. When using milk in your drinks, it’s best to choose low-fat or nonfat options so you don’t add too much fat or calories to your drink. If you want your drink to be creamy without adding more calories, add frozen yogurt instead of ice cream or milk.
Juice and Smoothies
Juice works like milk when it comes to making smoothies. Juice tends to be sweet, so it’s best to use it with fruit smoothies. You may want to add a little more ice if you use juice in your drink since the juice is usually not as cold as ice. You don’t have to worry about the calories or fat content of juice since it is already concentrated. However, you should still choose low-sugar options when possible.
Coconut Water and Smoothies
Coconut water is a great liquid option for making smoothies because it has a sweet taste and thick consistency like milk or juice. It also contains electrolytes, which can help replace electrolytes that are lost during exercise. Coconut water can be found in the refrigerated section at your local grocery store or at a health food store.
Tea and Smoothies
Tea is another great liquid choice for making smoothies because tea has a sweet taste and can be used with any type of you can buy it in bulk online.
Tea and Smoothies
Tea can also be used to make a smoothie. You can use regular black or green tea, or you can use herbal tea instead. Herbal teas are available in many flavors, so if you don’t like the taste of tea, you may still want to consider this option. You will still need to add some ice or frozen yogurt if you use tea since the liquid is not as cold as ice or milk.
Water is not a great option when making a smoothie, but you don’t need to use it! Milk, yogurt, or nut milk will all be better for your smoothie – and for you! If you want to use water, then go right ahead. Just don’t expect your smoothie to be as tasty as it could be. And if you’re using water to make a detoxifying smoothie, then it’s not going to taste great either!