You may be used to the process of returning items purchased online at other stores. You purchase something, try it on or test it in some way, and if you don’t like it or it doesn’t fit you return it to get your money back. It’s simple and straightforward, but as we all know there is usually a catch with almost anything. When shopping online from the big box store that is Walmart things are not quite so simple. In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about returning your online orders from Walmart in-store. We will explain how it differs from other stores, give you some tips on how to make the most of your return experience, and provide links to pages with more information on specific items if you feel like diving deeper into details. Let’s get started!
Can I Return Walmart Online Orders In-Store?
Yes, you can return Walmart online orders in-store. Walmart allows customers to return most items bought online to any of its physical stores. You have up to 90 days from the date of purchase to make a return, and you’ll need the original receipt and the item’s packaging if you still have it. There are a few exceptions, such as items that were personalized or made to order, but most items bought from Walmart.com can be returned to a physical store location.
What Does Returning An Online Order From Walmart Mean?
You Need To Get To The Store First!
If you want to return an online order from Walmart you will need to make it to the store first. You can not just show up at the customer service desk and expect them to take care of it for you. So unless you live near a Walmart store, or have someone willing to go pick up your order for you, this presents a problem.
You Can Only Return Online Orders In Store If The Item Is New And Unused
So what do I mean by “new and unused”? Basically, if the item has been used or opened in any way then it is not eligible for return at the store. This includes items that are defective or damaged in any way. If the item is new and unused though then there is a good chance that you can return it in-store at Walmart.
You Can Only Return The Items To The Store Where You Ordered Them Online From!
This means that if you ordered your item online from a Walmart store in California then you will have to return it to that same store if you want to get your money back. You can not just show up at any Walmart store and expect them to make the swap for you.
If You Are Returning Your Item In-Store Then It Must Be Unopened And In Its Original Packaging!
You can not just walk into the store with your online order and start handing things over the counter. The employees will want to know exactly what is being returned and they will need to see that everything is in its original packaging so that there is no question about whether or not it has been used or damaged in any way. If you are planning on returning something in-store then make sure you have all of the original packaging and any documentation that came with the item. This may include things like manuals, warranty cards, receipts, or anything else that would prove that this was a new item when it was ordered online.
How To Return An Online Order In-Store At Walmart
- It’s always best to first check the Walmart website for specific return instructions. This is because every item has to be handled differently and it’s impossible for Walmart to cover every scenario in its returns policy. If you aren’t sure about how to return an item then check the Walmart Returns Policy page for more details on what you can and cannot do with your purchase.
- You will also need to check the store where you purchased the item, as they may have different policies. In most cases, if you purchased something online at Walmart then it will be easier to return an item in-store than if you purchased at a different store or on another website, but there are always exceptions!
- If you do find a link with detailed instructions on how to return items from a particular product page then follow those instructions carefully! There are often differences between how items are returned at different stores and often these differences will not be obvious from just looking at the product page.
- If you can’t find any specific instructions for the item that you purchased online then it is always best to contact customer service via live chat or by phone to get more information on how to return the item.
- If you are returning an item from Walmart then make sure that you have the original packaging for the item with you when you return it in-store. It’s not worth risking your return simply because something was lost in transit, so keep any packaging with your receipt or other proof of purchase and be sure to include it when returning an online order from Walmart in-store.
- When returning an item from Walmart, most stores will ask you to check a box on the receipt indicating that you have returned all items at the same time and that they were returned as originally purchased (even if this isn’t true!). Make sure that the box is checked and signed on the receipt before leaving with your unwanted purchase then you may need to contact customer service directly. You can find contact information for Walmart customer service here.
- If you have already purchased your item online and it is currently in your shopping cart then follow the instructions on the “Other Return Instructions” page. This will explain how to return your item from within your shopping cart. This page also provides a link to the store’s returns policy if there is one, but it’s extremely important that you read this page first!
Where Can You Return Your Walmart Online Orders?
Return in Store
This is the most common way to return items purchased online from Walmart. You can return in-store at one of the thousands of stores located across the country. For this option, you will need to bring your order to a store and present your receipt or packing slip. The store will call you if it is an item they do not carry, or they may ask you to come back at a later date if they cannot find it.
You can also return items purchased online by following the instructions on the link provided when you purchase them. The links are easy to locate and all include instructions on where to send your package and how much shipping costs will be if applicable. The links vary based on what type of item you purchased and where you live, but most are very simple to find and follow.
Return To Walmart.com
There are some items that you cannot return via the link provided, so instead you can return them to Walmart.com. You will need to contact customer service and explain why you need to return your item(s). They will then issue a Return Authorization (RA) number and send you a shipping label for your package.
Return By Mail
You can also send your package back by mail if you have ordered an item that is not currently available in stores or online at Walmart.com, or if the one you received was damaged or defective in some way. This is a good option if the item is out of stock in stores and is not an easy fit for returning in-store because it requires sending it back by mail instead of just presenting your receipt at one of the many stores nationwide that sell online from Walmart. It’s also a good option if you feel like getting into more destabilization Number (RAN) and send you instructions on how to send your package.
When you are shopping online at Walmart, you are purchasing items from Shopify and not from the store itself. This means that you can not return your items to the store instead you have to follow the instructions above to return your items. This process can be a little different than returning items purchased in-store, so it’s important to know what to expect.