Are you an introvert? If so, have you always been one? Do you hate it? Do you long to be the life of the party and feel as if that’s impossible? Are you afraid that you won’t be able to find love or have friends if you’re an introvert? Does it feel like a curse? Believe it or not, many people think the same things about being an introvert. That is because when most people hear the word “introvert,” they think of someone who is shy, awkward, and doesn’t like people. The truth is much different than what most people believe about introverts. These are some common questions about whether someone can change from being an introvert to an extrovert.
Can An Introvert Become An Extrovert?
Introverts are the introverted ones. According to Harvard University, an introvert is a person who is naturally active in their thoughts and who is not usually interested in socializing with people. On the other hand, an extrovert is a person who is more active in socializing and engaging in interactions with people.
What Is An Introvert?
An introvert is a person who feels and derives their energy from being alone. This means that many introverts will feel tired, bored, or even depressed when surrounded by people for long periods of time. Extroverts, on the other hand, feel their energy when they are around other people. Extroverts don’t feel tired or bored when with others for long periods of time. They actually love having company and thrive in social situations. Being an introvert is not a choice, it’s a matter of how a person’s brain is wired. Introverts are wired to be more contemplative and less spontaneous. This means that they will plan out activities in advance and process information more thoroughly before speaking. Extroverts, on the other hand, are wired to be more spontaneous and less contemplative. This means that they will be more impulsive and spontaneous. Extroverts are more likely to jump into something without thinking it through beforehand.
How Can You Change From Being An Introvert To An Extrovert?
- Join a club or group that meets regularly so that you can get used to talking and interacting with people.
- Make friends with extroverts. Having extroverted friends will help you change yourself from an introvert to an extrovert.
- Try to be more spontaneous and impulsive so that you can act more like an extrovert and help you change your personality.
- Learn to enjoy the company of people.
- Ask yourself “How can I be more extroverted?” and “How can I improve my social skills?”
- Look up extrovert-friendly hobbies and activities on the Internet.
- Read books about being an extrovert to help you change your personality.
- Take a personality test that will tell you whether or not you are an introvert or an extrovert. This will tell you if there is anything that is holding you back from being more extroverted such as feeling shy or anxious when interacting with people, or if there is anything that needs to be changed in order for you to become more extroverted such as making friends with others who are more outgoing than yourself, etc.
- Join a support group for introverts so that they can help you change your personality if necessary and learn how to become more outgoing when necessary.
- If you have a hard time changing to be more extroverted, try to find ways that you can be more impulsive and spontaneous so that you can act more like an extrovert and help you change your personality.
Which Types Of Extroverts Are There?
The social extrovert
This type of extrovert is very outgoing and enjoys being around people. They are always up for a good time and love to have fun. This type of extrovert is the one that you would probably be most familiar with because they are the ones who seem to be more “outgoing” than everyone else in your group. Social extroverts aren’t afraid to talk to people either, which makes them very popular in most groups.
The intellectual extrovert
The intellectual extroverts are the ones who love to read and learn about new things, especially if it has some kind of practical use such as a new invention or business idea. Intellectuals enjoy learning about new things and even love talking about them with others. They can make great mentors for younger people because they know how much knowledge there is out there and can help find solutions to many problems that young people face today. This type of extrovert loves being around other intelligent people as well so they tend to be found in many different types of groups such as book clubs, study groups, science labs, etc.
The artistic extrovert
The artistic extroverts are the ones who love music, art, theater, or any other form of creative expression whether it is painting or writing poetry, or music. Artistic introverts don’t like being around large groups because it can be distracting from their own creative process but they do love to be around others who are also creative. The artistic extroverts tend to be in artistic groups, such as art galleries, performing arts groups, and even book clubs.
The social introvert
Social introverts are the ones that don’t like to be around large groups but still love to have fun and make new friends. They live for making new friends and meeting new people so they tend to spend a lot of time on their own at home or even with their own friends. Social introverts don’t enjoy being in large crowds of people where they can’t get a word in so they often prefer smaller groups of people and one-on-one conversations over group activities.
The reserved introvert
The reserved introverts don’t like large groups of people either and can be found in small groups of their own or alone. Reserved introverts don’t enjoy being around large groups of people because they feel like they can’t get any good conversation going, but they do love to make new friends and enjoy talking about many different subjects with others. Reserved introverts are often found in smaller book clubs where there is enough for everyone to talk about and share an interest in one particular subject or field.
Introverts and extroverts are both important to have in the workplace. Introverts can be more productive and focused while extroverts can be more social and outgoing. It is important to understand your personality type so that you can make the most out of your work environment.