Northeast CAC February 12, 2015
- Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources at Marsh Creek (Jud Dunlevy reporting)
- General community center announcements (919-996-4920)
- Registration for Summer Camp is open
- Min-City Outreach Center: Program with Wake County on Life Skills Development begins March 5th.
- Active Adults Line Dance Class: Monday’s at 2:00 pm
- Housing and Neighborhood Preservation (Dudley Winslow reporting)
- Shared the role and responsibilities of the division (919-625-8339)
- Life Safety issues on right of way and private property.
- Raleigh Police Department
- 97% of break-ins of autos is due to unlocked doors
- Hide/Lock/Take: hide valuables; lock doors; take keys
- Open House of new NE District Station at 5230 Greens Dairy Road behind Sweet Tomatoes off
Capital on February 19, 2015.
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ is a new initiative whereby Police officer will available to answer questions and get to know the community folks.
- David Cox of ‘Grow Raleigh Great’
- Working with City to upgrade the UDO Neighborhood Mix use that define types, heights and sizes of retail and commercial stores.
- Presented a resolution for review and eventual approval to add new zoning language to Neighborhood Mix Use Designations when commercial development comes in close proximity to existing housing.
- NECAC Business
- Leveraging ($1,000) dollars for program that supports biking and pedestrian
- New Member Election: 1st Vice Chair: Petra Hager, Wake County HR Community Services. Secretary, Nancy Liles, Small Business Owner
- Minutes from the February meeting were approved.
- New Hope/Buffalo Small Area Plan Meeting
- Proposed Development with presenters Attorney Lacy Reeves/Richard Brown Land Planner, Steve Howe (WRS developer of Shopping Centers), and owners.
- No commonality of interest in adjoining property.
- Small Scale Shopping Center (16 acres);Walmart 42,000 square feet;
- Neighborhood market concept in Mooresville and Cary. Food/Pharmacy
- Site Plan: Proposing Café and Shoppes; drainage ponds, and tree buffers and preservation. Working with staff and NCDOT on directing traffic.
- Asking for rezoning for NX or neighborhood mixed use
- Meeting Adjourned with agreement at 8:50 pm
Property Owner: Ricoryn LLC/Ricardo Roque
Contact Person: Ricardo Roque, 3612 Satellite Court, Raleigh, NC 27604, 919-240-9413
Addl E-Mail: email@example.com
Nearest Major Intersection: Louisburg Road & Kyle Drive
Area of Subject Property: Approximately : 0.61 acres
Current Zoning: R-1 – Residential 1
Requested Zoning: CX-3 – Commercial Mixed Use 3