We bring you stories seven days a week; isn’t it time you told us one?
The Raleigh Public Record is once again hosting its storytelling showdown, the Oak City Bard Brawl! Come out Dec. 5 to Kings Barcade to be a part of the qualifying round. Competitors get five minutes to wow the audience, and the audience gets to help decide which six go on to the final event in the spring.
For those who want nothing more than to cheer and boo and slosh their drinks:
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Show starts at 7 p.m.
Cost: $5. No tickets needed in advance.
For those of you who have been searching for a good excuse to stand on stage, sign up at raleighpublicrecord.org/bar
We need your name, email, and why you want to compete in 100 words or less.
- Stories must be original, and must relate to Raleigh in some fashion.
- No notes! This is a closed-book test.
- No props except the drink in your hand.
- Five-minute time limit will be strictly enforced with an air horn.
- Six winners will be invited to compete for the title of “Bard of Oak City” at the main event in the spring.