The Raleigh Public Record seeks to disseminate information about Raleigh to area residents for a more informed citizenry. We are pleased to allow the online posting and print publishing of our content by other news organizations under the following guidelines:
For Profit Publishers
Online: For-profit news organizations may post up to 200 words of a story on a news website. The story must then link to the story page on the Record website. The top of the story must include credit for both the Record and the author. For-profit news websites may run the entire story for a fee.
Print: Please contact the editor at editor [at] raleighpublicrecord.org for rates and publishing information.
Nonprofit news groups may use our material free for print or online. They may post the full story, but must include credit for both the Record and the author and a link to the Record story page or main Record website.
Other Posting/Publishing Guidelines
• You can’t edit our material, except to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style. (For example, “yesterday” can be changed to “last week.)
• If you’re republishing online, you have to link to us and to include all of the links from our story.
• You may not resell our stories to someone else.
• You can put our stories on pages with ads, but do not place the story with ads specifically sold against our stories.
• You can’t republish everything on our site; please select stories to be republished individually.
• Give us credit. We prefer “Author Name, Raleigh Public Record.” Link back to our site’s homepage in the credit line or below the story: www.raleighpublicrecord.org.
• Let us know if you republish a story appearing on our site. Please send us a link and/or hard copy of our story in your online or print publication. We keep track of this information, which we provide to our funders. Send all print copies to: Raleigh Public Record, 907 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh, N.C., 27605. Send links to our editor, James Borden at editor [at] raleighpublicrecord.org.
We may or may not have copyrights to the images that appear on Raleigh Public Record. You cannot republish our photographs without specific permission (ask our Editor if you’d like to).
Thank you to Carolina Public Press for some of the verbiage in our “Borrow our Content” guidelines.